PayTM Karo ! PayTM is the most popular and widely used payment app in India. But do you know PayTM is abbreviation and it has a full form. Today we will discuss about Full Form Of PayTM and interesting facts about PayTM.
Full Form Of PayTM
Full Form Of PayTM is “Pay Through Mobile“.
PayTM was founded by Vijay Shekhar Sharma in year 2010. The head office of PayTM is in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India.
There is a interesting story behind the foundation of PayTM. Once Vijay Shekhar Sharma who was working in United States Of America travelling via a cycle rickshaw. He suddenly come to know that he don’t have a cash in his wallet and have only credit card. He told this to the person driving rickshaw and then he got surprised as the driver took out pos machine and said he do accept credit cards too.
This incidence strikes Vijay Shekhar Sharma and he decided to come back to India with a business plan of founding PayTM a digital payment company which will allow Indians to pay money through mobile.
PayTM Interesting Facts
- PayTM is not only used for digital payment but also for Event and Movie Bookings, Utility Bill Payments and Travel Bookings as well as Online Shopping.
- Currently PayTM is available in 11 Indian Local Languages.
- Initially PayTM start with DTH and Prepaid phone recharges.
- PayTM is the only Indian Payment App to cross 100 Million downloads in Play Store.
- Chairman and CEO Vijay Shekhar Sharma has approximately 14 % share in PayTM.
- Ant Financials has the highest number of shares in PayTM accounts 30 %.
- Yearly revenue of PayTM stands at Rs. 3500 Crore every year.
- The overall value of PayTM stands at $10 Billion.
- PayTM has various products such as PayTM Mall, PayTM Payments Bank, PayTM Money, Gamepind and PayTM Smart Retail.
We hope now you know the Full Form Of PayTM and PayTM interesting facts. If you like the article, please check our other articles too and share it with your friends. If you have any query or complaint then please comment below.